Armotec 700

It's all about badminton these days for me in Singapore. Just like the good old days in Kuen Cheng Primary Skul. well after going thru a 12 years cycle I am slowly discovering my badminton passion and form again.

Today I had a 1 hour game and it was a sudden plan to have badminton. I was kinda lucky to be able to book a court last minute though only 1 hour slot left. And it was such a rush as we finish lecture at 3.20pm and only have bout 40 minutes to get home, get my rackets and accessories, and rush to the court. Was late by about 10 minutes but since we're playing singles today so it's not a big deal to lose 10 minutes as we old folks will get tired in no time.

Being there first, I was stretching, and waiting for my friend to arrive. A group of youngsters, in their secondary skul level, wanted to play with me as they spotted a golden opportunity to play despite not having a court. Well initially it was me playing with 2 fellas while the 3rd guy just sat on the bench. When my friend arrive, we played doubles and we won one match lost one. After that it was purely singles and the bencher came in to play.

I stroke with him first, and then we play match. Wow, i discovered that I am way amateur compare to him. The game lasted only around 20 mins and I lost 21-4 21-8. Kena tapao!. Haha, only soon to learn that he represented Singapore before in youth tournaments. I was like woosh!!! No wonder. And he's freaking damn humble! Good kid and he ask for a next game sometime next week. Woosh, cool. this time I am not gonna get beaten with that score.

Of course the scoreline doesn't need to be this way though the outcome will still be the same. I will definitely lose to him but i lost badly because i was in serious fatigue today and still feeling pain on my left knee, not to mention my broken toe nail i got from last few weeks that hasn't fully recovered. Yes, it is an excuse, but i am proud to be a loser as I've lost to someone more talented and energetic.

Badminton Rox!

0 comments:

top