living the nomad spirit

Wooo, I'm MIA for quite some time in blogosphere. Yeah, been busy really these few days and I'm no more having my own room/internet. I'm living a life of a nomad now, and the owner of this room will come back on Friday from his lovely holiday back home in Malaysia. I will stay with him for couple of days to see if it's ok, coz his room is relatively small. Although I still manage to squeeze a matress in, but I am afraid it might cause inconvinience to him, so I'll look for alternatives. This owner guy reminds me of my holiday 2 weeks ago. He went genting with his friends and posted heeps of pictures in Facebook, and he also got a gf, which reminds me how I spent my holiday 2 years ago.

I'm feeling less emo these days, until today in the train back from Bochum (another town) after a small outing with Tharsis, Poong, and a new Msian kid. I took out my watch and that blink of a second i remember this watch was given to me exactly 2 years ago from today. Time really flies like crazy. Man, I'm still in the state of "so close yet so far" as I'm almost there but not there yet. But yeah, things are quite ok for me these days. There're 1 new Malaysian who came here for the whole bachelor course, and 6 others from UKM transfer. All doing Mechanical Eng. I've never met any of the other UKMers yet, but hav hang out wif that new msian guy (named Quan Wei) a few times already. He was just like me when i first came, without a room and lots of problem, but the lucky thing about him compare to me is that he have us, and he had more support these days as the Uni made alot of effort to give more support. But yeah, I don't complain anymore as these are all part of my experience gained which i felt more valuable than any other things in my life. We brought him to the chinese buffet thingy which we ate many times already and that guy was like tapao the whole place. See, people learn how to appreciate chinese food more when they're outside although the restaurant also made some changes to suit the European taste.

We're going to have a big gathering on this weekend to bring all the Malaysians together. With the amount of Malaysian who come to Germany to study, we actually learn how to appreciate each other more. Although we only meet once in a while, but I always put Malaysian as my first priority here, especially when it comes to help. Maybe it's bcoz i've beeen thru all these and i felt there's a need for me to help them.

Back to me. After 2 weeks I returned the room, I still felt abit nostalgic about the room. I've been there 3 years. Many sweet memories there. I've hosted a couple of VIP in that room before, including Oli and Pailing (December 2006), my parents (May - June 2007), Kelsen (February 2008), Nikki and Eriko (May 2008). It gave me a warm comfortable room to stay in. I miss my 6Mbit/s internet connection, my lovely double matress bed with my "coffee,tea or me" comforter, my blardy movable table, my ugly shelf and wadrobe and so many others. Here're some photos of the room after cleaning and painting.





Well, my thesis is not going so well at this stage as it comes to the hardware level but I'm confident it can be solved. New semester starting soon and today itself I spotted damn freaking many chics in the canteen, mainly from Business Faculty. Yeah Godfathar, you're right. Engineering is probably the worse gayish course in history. I should have developed my business mind from young, so i can be in the same classroom with the chics :) Lolx, sounds like I'm really desperate.

What else?? I've been learning how to cook 梅菜扣肉 these days as my friend taught me how to do it. He made super delicious, and he added some dried chilli which makes it even tastier. Yeah, though I'm not talented in cooking, but I'm interested. Maybe my future wife would be impressed of my cooking skill lolx. I'm one step closer to sell my guitar now, and as much as it has great sentimental value, it's a lousy guitar i have to admit. No point paying extra to bring up the airplane as i can get a better one back home. I've promised myself if I'm staying back for long period, I will sign up for guitar course and learn more advance skills. Again I'm not talented in music, but I'm super interested in it. I'm no doubt a lazy person, but I'm a person who doesn't like to just use things without knowing how it works. I love listening to music, but I also want to know how to make music. I love food, which is why I want to learn how to make them. I love electronic gadgets, which is why I took up E&E engineering.

Ahh, another long post. I should update more often.

4 comments:

Kelsen Loh said...

so bloody clean already, it was like a zerg nest last time when i was there... lol

Douglas said...

zerg nest only like my room mah...if like that let u stay osso u feel it's not my room la lolx...

Star☆ said...

yur room look so neat. i can understand the nostalgic feeling. i am moving end of this year and i am missing my room very much already. sigh. :( i just cant part with my current room now. >_<

and 梅菜扣肉! one of my fav dish since i was a kid!

Douglas said...

actually it's quite easy to make 梅菜扣肉, shengwa probably know wat i mean...I also love this dish but problem is that because we need to use FAT pork..so can't eat that much..

my room look neat because i had to tidy and paint it...if not i won't get back full refund of the deposit...otherwise it look exactly like what kelsen described...ZERG LAIR....yeah i hate moving..especially if the place i stayed was good enuf for me..anyway hope u dun feel too upset over it..

top