The Week

Just some updates. After having clear of health problem(though I'm still having some running nose and some sore throat), I decided it was time for sports. As I've mentioned in the previous post, I met 2 malaysian guys and they were also highly enthusiastic for sports. We started off with Badminton last Saturday. A 3 hours session. The both of them were really great players and we were trashed just in 10 mins time. Then we changed partners, and it became a more fair game. Overall, syok! I do noticed that my fitness(stamina, strength, agility, speed....) are significantly reduced so much. Well, not so surprised as I only do sports recently and I've not been doing any fitness training for a long while such as swimming, push up pull up sit ups. The last time I jog ended giving up after 5 mins. Can you believe that? At that time, it was really cold and I find it hard to breath actually. I don't care! I need to upgrade my fitness level. I am going for jogging, and doing sit ups at home.

Badminton wasn't the most enjoyable sports I've done. After 1 year, I finally played BASKETBALL!! I bought a new ball as my old bballs were out of shape. Edwin whose about 5 cm shorter than me, played really well. I lost most of my shooting touch, but still manage to put up a passing show. We played with the Germans who are taller and bigger size, but lack of skills. However, height has an advantage. We still lost in the first match because it was undefendable when they are below the ring. The next few matches was a disaster for them as an Iranian guy join us for a 3 on 3. He has the speed and body, but again we are shorties. Nevertheless, our pace is giving them a hard time chasing us. We beat them also with far range shots and back door cuts, no chance for them. Though I'm very satisfied with the game, but i felt it wasn't really a challenge. I mean back in Malaysia I've played with tall players before but they were far more skillful. Those players were much harder to play against. That's one of the reason. But the main reason was that I enjoy the most playing with Gabriel, Sheng Wa and Kar Sang. We were also shorties and lack of skills(not Gabe and Sheng Wa), we still have our good moments by beating the stronger team with our nice teamwork. Like I've always mentioned, I didn't like basketball as an individual sports, it's a teamwork team. I love watching a nice passing game rather than a fancy dunk. That's why I love watching the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns of the NBA(2006/2007).

If that's all, you're wrong! Tomorrow will be another game of Badminton and Monday will be another game of Basketball. It's all about sports now. And besides doing sports, how about the thrill and excitement of Euro 2008? I've just watched both the opening matches of Group A. Sucks to be honest, but yeah Euro is back! Tomorrow I'll be watching Germany vs Poland in an open air big screen with a bunch of drunk Germans. As you can see, though I support mainly Spain and Holland, but since the Germany World Cup 2006, I start to support them too(if not kena belasah meh??) . Thanks to Maxis, I still have the adidas Euro 2004 Germany jersey. I'm going to be one of those drunk German fans minus the drunkness.

It's always great to watch football with people around you, but again i still miss those moments in Euro 2004 where I watched football with Gabriel in ABC mamak stall in Citrus Park( is it still under ABC??). I also miss watching premier leagues with the gang(SW, Khian Foo, etc etc), but hey I'm coming back soon right?

Still having mix feeling when i think of coming back. Yes I'm desperately hoping to leave this place and meet my best buddies and family back home, but where's the excitement I used to have 2 years ago?? Firstly my activities will be cut down alot due to various reasons. Increase in petrol is one of those, and probably I'll get a bicycle when I'm home. As I've also mentioned before, busyness will also be another factor. Not just me, I'm pretty sure my friends will have their things to do(girlfriend/boyfriend, work/study/family). Even I myself is also a big factor. I have to start applying for job, and also applying for Masters. I've not really decided what I'll do after the degree. It's really a good thing if I can continue doing masters in Germany, or other place, but then again I am sick of studying. My mom insist that I look for job elsewhere but it's not that easy though I've been studying here in Germany for long. But then again, I'll try. I am willing to give and take whatever that comes. Malaysia or not Malaysia.

Sighz, I miss those days. I really do. I can write a text book of what I've missed. I've also mentioned in brief so many times in this blog that I really missed those moments I had especially those 2 summer break where I spent my time in Malaysia. It is obvious to see that I appreciate things more when I'm not having them. I always hope I can turn back time and go through once more, but like what Jess said in one of my very old post - Even if i had a chance, it won't have the excitement anymore to go through the second time. How about hoping for something similar to happen again?? Is it too much to ask for??

Can't help being emo after all. But at least I'm more optimistic now. Not because I suddenly became rich or suddenly became smart, just that I've learned to look things at the brighter side(except for health problem). Germany is really a training ground for me.

1 comments:

nsw2012 said...

i dono how to play basketball dy. sighs.. waiting for you to come back oni play!

top