2011 Wish List

Congrats to the Malaysian team for winning the AFF cup. I always love criticizing the under performed Malaysian team in all sports on world class stages, doesn't matter if it's ASEAN or world wide. Deep down in me, I still support them whenever they show hopes of winning it. Of course, No sportsman should've been awarded a title no matter what stage they won. Sports and politics should be separated by clean line.

Back to what I want to talk about. New year is coming real soon and the resolution post will be hopefully done either on the eve or next year. This post, its about gadgets and stuffs that i wish to have by end of next year. Well, I'm almost graduating already and hopefully my job hunt will be a smooth one. Doesn't matter where I end up working, I suppose I will have a salary that allows me to spend one way or the other. Else I'd save up for these target anywayz. Lets begin.

1. Facial Treatment
Crucial for me. Don't need to look handsome, just want to get rid of my pimples thats all. Facial can cost quite a bit, perhaps around few thousand ringgit?

2. Dental "face lift"
Its been a while I've been to a dental clinic and I know I have some ugly teeth and some unhealthy ones that I need a clean up. Estimated also around few thousand I guess.

3. Camera
Will not wipe out the possibility of DSLR, but would prefer those such as Panasonic GF-1 or the one from Sony. Another few thousand?

4. Ipad --- Competitors
My host had a collection of apple products and one of them is an Ipad. Of course I find it kinda cool and it was kinda interactive as we played Need for Speed together with him using Iphone and me using Ipad. I personally would prefer to play games with real hardcore processing machine like the console or PC, but it would be kinda fun if you host somebody and just let them play this kinda games with just tilting the device left or right. Know what i mean? Nothing against Apple though but I always felt Apple is charging too much for the amount of specs they put in and the limited programmability. Apple apps are cool and large variety of it, but nah I don't fancy those. I fancy the hardware and the ability to customize much more than what apple restricted. ASUS EEE tablet is one of those that I think might have a great potential.

5. Windows phone 7 based Smartphones
Again, why no iphone? again same reason as above. Limited hardware resources but charged a high price plus limited programmability. I fancy the idea of smartphones and being an electronic majored engineer, I understand quite abit of the inside and hence, i am not a big fan of iphone. Please, understand me. I don't hate apple, just prefer value for money gadgets.

6. IEM Earphones
My Shure is going to Kaputt totally. In fact its no longer pleasant to use it anymore as the cable is kinda loose now. So its time for a replacement. Ultimate Ears, Shure, Klipsch, Etymotic, erm what else? Whichever that sound nice. This should be the cheapest among the wish list. Say around 100Euro?

7. HD Media Player.
Assuming I have somehow a flat panel, doesn't matter if its Plasma or LCD or LED or 3D. Doesn't matter how many inch (minimum 25" la....at least a computer monitor). So, I would have a big collection of HD movies in a digital format. Of course I need an encoder to play it. I'm eyeing on the Western Digital one. Say around RM800?

8. Membership to a sports club
I don't know where I'd be working so I don't know what kinda sports club I'm talking here. But definitely it must have a swimming pool, sauna, basketball court or badminton or football or tennis. Gym is an added advantage, with instructor that would be icing on the cake.

9. Semi-acoustic Guitar & Lessons
Yes I might be a little old and I already have a guitar. But I'm still so damn interested in it and still have huge enthusiasm for improvement. WHy not a better guitar and lessons? Yamaha would do, but I don't mind Fender or Ibanez or others.

10. Powerful Desktop
Partially for games, partially for multimedia. Mainly as my working station. Why da hell do i need such powerful then? Of course, it would be an advantage if i can play all kinds of game with it and when i talk about computer, I do multi tasking. I like connecting multiple screens. Strictly speaking, I don't want just a desktop but a command center unit! Hmmm this....wonder how much it cost???

Well, it will change from time to time. and obviously I can't afford all by end of next year. Perhaps, the first 2 is my priority and the earphones too. Lets see how much of those I could afford.

0 comments:

top