Christmas season

I told myself no matter what I have to write a new year's review and resolution but now its not the time yet I suppose. Well, I think I should update myself regarding the things I've done this few days and some parts of my emotional experience.

As some of you might know, I am back in the area where I did my Bachelor degree. The journey was really one of its kind, never experienced that before. The flight was cancelled due to heavy snow hence the shut down of the airport. No one to blame for that, as its caused by the weather. But what leaves us frustrated was that there was only one counter open for the refund or alternative routes, and the few person before me took damn long to settle their stuff and i'm not very sure what are they demanding about. It was kinda lucky for us since we're travelling within germany and so we are able to get complementary train tickets. Personally I prefer to travel via train within the nation as I don't have to go through all those hectic procedure to check in 1 hour earlier and travel to airport etc etc. So it was great for me to get the train.

So I manage to reach Duesseldorf safe and sound. I was really suprised to see such a thick snow covering the streets and the rail track. Was one of its kind and never in my 4 years I've seen such snow. No wonder they close the airport. It was also a mess for the trains as there were delays and train cancellation due to the blockade of the tracks.

On the good side, I had a good Christmas. On that day itself, we had a pot luck party involving some Malaysian students from the senior batch to the latest freshies. Of course, I was the Si Si Si Senior among them haha. On one hand I was kinda envy that they had such big community now compare to my time where I was the only one with the braveheart to come alone here. On the other side, I'm glad that the network is finally expanding and it would be great for the next few generation of Malaysian students here. It was one of those party where we never drank alcohol, suits me alot. We drank those alcohol free beer from Edinger and Becks. We had great food such as Duck a la Oranje, Mui Choi Kau yok, Bak ki, shrimps with corn, char kuey tiao, curry chicken, mix vege and dessert like Tiramisu, fruit cocktail and some spanish pudding. Then we had some chat and lots of singing. It was the first time I touched the guitar in this year I suppose and I'm surprised I still have the knack for that. Partially it was the guitar. Yamaha semi acoustic, very beautiful sound and the strings were easy to press. There were another two or three guy who can also play guitar and we were just having fun jamming. I think if i had such big bunch of Malaysian friends during my studies, it would have been more fun. But it was a great experience for me too anyway during my time. I'm glad to meet up with some old friends of mine.

Thats all for now!

3 comments:

nsw2012 said...

come back and u'll have loads of nice food at my place.

Anonymous said...

haha..true..sheng wa can be sous chef jor..hahaha..*terrenie*

Anonymous said...

Associatedcontentnetwork.com Article directory free for publish your press release and articles !

top