The El Clasico

today I skipped BBA for many reasons. Certainly weather is one of it. But the consolation was that I get to watched the El Clasico. I feel sorry for Mourinho, such a highly anticipated game turn ugly. Barca don't just play like a team, they act like a team too. Proven when Ronal-f**kingdo pushed the manager Pep. While losing 3 or 4 up, things turn really ugly. Really bad losers. I pity Messi, been hamburgered, sandwiched, squashed. Poor thing. Real Losers! But, being much of a Barca supporter in this match, 5 goals with lots of action and fight, was great to watch. Haven't been watching such high standard football since the Germany Argentina and England match. I missed out on MU's 7-1 crush game.

Recently I've been really moody and emotional. In office, there are some guys with their typical thinking, really show obvious signs that they don't like Aliens like us walking around their office. One of them is a group leader, driving a BMW. Looks very typical German, act like one too. Oh well, he better get used to it as I will be in the office for another 5 months anyway. I'm really gladful to have a supervisor that doesn't give much pressure on me, and always encourage me to attend important things in the office. As intern, we're not required but he always wanted me to attend all the group and department meetings. Last Wed I was late and i missed it, but I was told he apologized to the whole group for my absence. Erm, I'm just a trainee guy there. Right now, I'm doing my thesis and I'm not even consider as an employee anymore. I am now a fulltime student with the permission to use their facilities. Erm, to clarify further, an intern is consider as an employee, with fixed working hours to fulfill and "allowance". Whereas for Thesis student, we're not required to work for certain hours and our monthly pay is consider as a grant for fulfilling our Thesis in a company. they judge based on the academic level how much to give, and divide it by how many months I'll be here.

Back to Bosch. Erm, yes despite virtually having high hopes from my supervisor for me to stay, unfortunately he's not the person with the power to hire. One "hidden" rule is that, you have to speak fluent German on top of English. I'd be honest, I have been far much quieter while I'm in office, mainly due to the language barrier. I can speak German, and can quite understand well, but I'd say my level is just around 3-4 out of 10. Barely enough to survive in a high quality company. Perhaps u might think, there's not much need of an engineer to speak, wrong! Most of the job posted requires great communication skill as our projects are always between departments to departments. Even my thesis, the layout are done by layout experts. My task is to instruct the experts how I want it to be done, and that requires a great communication skills. I was lucky enough that the layout expert dealing with my project is doing his training as he works for Bosch India and speaks only English. The indian style of course.

So, as much as I would love to have a few more years of experience in Bosch, I doubt my chances. I've submitted my papers for the career day this Saturday, but receive no official invitation from them. That means, I'm uninvited to go. Too bad. But I am quite optimistic that by the time I grad, jobs will be waiting for me. With a Master Degree from one of the best in Asia and Europe, plus a great deal of experience in Bosch, I believe jobs will come to me in a great economy condition. Just hope no recession during that time. As much as I felt being capable of doing a PhD, I think i'll leave the head damage aside. I'm really looking forward for all these academic stuff to end. I am honestly a lil sick of studying, though i know it's a neve ending cycle.

Anyway, to end this post. I'd just have to say....It's already the end of 4th Month I'm here, and another 5 to go. Hooray! Erm, deadline will be the week before Christmas for my Design, and things are going quite well at the moment. Then, it will be my Christmas break with some of my old friends in Duisburg. Yeah! Looking forward.

0 comments:

top