Blogging from Office lolz

Well, I'm not anymore a slacker at the office. But today it's just my task is to read up on some microprogramming before the microcontroller arrive. So for today, I'll be slacking for another few hours before leaving office. Anyway, it's my first time blogging at office. I'll update you guys of my working life here.

Oh for those who still don't know, I'm actually just doing an internship. But I have to be in office for 8 hours a day or fulfill 35 hours a week. I am actually doing a low level engineering job such as redesign some circuit board and playing wif soldering and stuff. Currently, I've completed 80% of my main task which is to redesign a charging management circuit for Lithium Polymer batteries, which is those u commonly see in mobile applications such as cellphone. I've already made my design and now sent for board printing. I have to wait for a couple of days and when it arrive, I'll be doing some soldering. For the last few days, I've been doing some soldering practicing. There's very huge difference soldering SMD devices and through hole devices. SMDs are surface mount devices which are mount directly on top of the board while through hole are those devices we played around during "Kemahiran Hidup" classes. SMDs are much much smaller in market, ranged in mm for hand soldering devices. Therefore my supervisor hav to show me some basic SMD soldering techniques.

Yesterday was quite different from usual days. Yesterday I was sent to one of the project site Inhaus 1 and Inhaus 2(www.inhaus.de). It's sort of an innovation house to demonstrate a practical and intelligent house for the future. As you can predict, it's a house for slackers. You just have to step in the house, press a couple of buttons and you can just sit down and relax. I can't explain too much in details what's inside the house, but i can say it's super amazing what technology has brought to us. Check out the link given if you're interested. It's in German but they have an english page. Meanwhile Inhaus 2 is still under constructions but I have to help out the Tech engineer yesterday to do some measurements on personal tracking systems. First time wearing the Phua Choo Kang boots and the helmet. The helmet is in yellow but the boots are black lolx. After doing the measurements, the engineer showed me around the place and explain every single cell what will be when it's completed. From heating systems, to power supply, person sensing, communications, medical aid equipment, everything is so "intelligent". But the facility cost a bomb.

Well, this is why studying in Germany is so fun. You get exposed to state of the art engineering technology. I wish I have the brains like them to develop such a facility.

Of course though I enjoy pretty much working here, But I don't deny it's pretty hectic though i have a few days to slack. When real work comes, I'm dead. I am still writing some remaining exams which are also hardest exams. I have to work from 9 - 5 and study from 19:00 - 22:00 everyday now for the next two weeks. But that's life and it's a good training for my future as next time I have to work my ass off from 9-5 also and then be a family man during the night. Worse if i had children rite?? but it's too far to look on to lolx.

What's worth looking forward to now is my bro Kelsen is coming over on friday. Man, you can never imagine how good it is to meet up your bro in a foreign country. Though I won't have much time to bring him around, but i'll definately spend some time going to Cologne with him.

4 comments:

Kelsen Loh said...

n im 'gaying' in his place nw... lolx

Star☆ said...

kelsen: hahahaha!!!! omg, yur comment made me ROFL hard!!!

how's the gaying so far? remember to post lotsa pictures on yur blog!

doug: haha. did yuu ever thought of holding those soldering devices once again after KH classes?

Douglas said...

he's leaving all da stain in my bed...eeeeeee....slimy and sticky...

haha i did but i tot it'll be computerized..u knoe..press a few button n the machine will do everythin else...lolx...but it was fun....

anywayz next blog will be up soon..wif some untold stories of Kelsen n Douglas's 5 days of exotic life...lolx..

ish now everyone is feeling disgusted including myself...

Star☆ said...

wow.. he never helped yuu clean up all the stains?????? yuu shouldn't manjakan him so much. hahahha.

top