The road

Time passes real fast. Just two months ago I was still complaining about slacking in the office, but now I'm already entering my 11th week of my internship and soon it's gonna be over. As I've mentioned before, this internship really gave me alot of knowledge and experience. I'm glad that I've made a right choice not to go back to Malaysia to do my internship.

I talked about how human glorify their past? Some people move on easily and not stuck in the past. While for me, I do all the time. Have you watched "Music and Lyrics"?? I'm something like that Alex Fletcher guy in the movie except that my so-called former glory is different.

I had a wonderful life. Not to show off, but I can say from primary school till end of secondary school, I had alot of glory moments. I wasn't the top student in the class in primary school because in a chinese school, you have to be really smart to be top in the class. However, I was one of the popular guy around coz I was unintentionally being selected as the Head Prefect despite being one of those naughty boy. I was the champion in badminton for 2 consecutive year and got 2nd runners up during my final year. I was the school team in badminton. I represented the school in a brass band competition.

In secondary school, the first 3 years, I was top of the class and almost got top 5 of the whole form in Form 1 in academic. I lag abit in form 4 and 5 but still maintain to be the top 5 in the class. I hold a commitee post in Computer Club and Head of Graphic Department in Editiorial Board. Although lag of freedom, I still have a wonderful first love during secondary school. I am still amazed with myself that I get to maintain that relationship for more than 7 years on and off though it's finally over now. I've moved on, but I still keep wonderful memories with me. I was born to have a good memory, not to remember stuff for the exams, but I can remember all the good memories I had. I am proud that I have such made such good friend in Primary School and Secondary School. Chui Kean, Sein Hon, Julian, Lloyd, Kelsen, Gabe, Sheng Wa, Ah Beng and many more. I regretted that I did not have good relationships with opposite sex because I was a shy guy, and I am still shy.

It wasn't as glory as it was during my College life. However, I enjoyed it so much because I finally had the freedom i wanted. I had a bunch of wonderful classmates, the sj4pians. This was the first time in my study life that I had such united classmates. I stayed out of my house and there's where I get all my freedom. Although it wasn't far from home, but I still more or less to be independent. I had some genius friend, which one of them was my ex-roommate. 2 of them already persuing their PhD @ the age of 23!!!

Those were my former glory. Although I have my glory moments in Germany, it will be glorify maybe in the future. I can't seem to talk about those present moments so often.

Anyway this post is just to fill up my boredom in office. Recently I've been dreaming of those moments, especially in the month of April which is one of those best times around. Nevertheless, I enjoy my life now too. I've 2 sessions of badminton already after 10 years not touching the racket, and all my skills are slowly coming back. I wanted to write a song, a sad song. But I'm still stuck with the melody. As for the lyrics, I plan to ask kelsen to write it for me since his mandarin is way way way way way better than me. Why do I choose mandarin?? simply because they're more suitable for sad songs lolz!!!

6 comments:

Star☆ said...

i love music & lyrics!! very very much!! i know that's not yur point but i can't help stating that! haha.

omg. i so want to listen to "pop! it goes my heart..". :P

forgive me for doing this but. we were not very close for a very long time but i still remember we had long hours talk on the phone back then. so. i dun think yuu are shy with opposite sex! or... i was looked upon as a guy????

Douglas said...

as i've mentioned b4 i dun really like romance movie..but this is one of the good one...particularly coz it's a comedy + romance...and it's music based..

haha...pop! i like the other two song - "way back into love" and "don't write me off". Honestly this movie inspires me to write song...which of course until now i'm still struggling to write one as i'm lack of talent..

anywayz, did we talk hours on the phone?? hmmm....shiet...i guess my memory is not that great after all....lolz...anyhow...i still find it easier to communicate with guys than girls....lolz...at least if compare wif my friends...i'm lag behind...

Kelsen Loh said...

Everyone have some story to tell about their past, but I'm glad to get to know u dougie! Build ur confident! I'm waiting for ur song...lol

Kelsen Loh said...

and i forgot to type... lol jessica, been threaten as a guy...bad douglas

Douglas said...

no la...i din treat her as a guy...n Jess dun listen to Kelsen btw...i really can't recall the conversation..lolz..the oni long duration phone conversation I had wif a girl is...erm well you know who...lolz...

Star☆ said...

hahah. no worry. was only joking with yuu. :P

about song composition, i dun think it requires talent at all. the utmost requirement is: inspiration. following up would be patience and dedication, as well as lots of practising.

why i said so is because when studying theory, remember there's one question in the exam that ask yuu to compose? i tell yuu. that part is what i hate the most! cuz i dunno what the hell to write at all. but my teacher bombard us with lots of composition writings and practising and we eventually get used to it. sometimes, i even simply pluck the melody from sky. hahah.

my friend and i tried our own composition before. non-classical composition. it is hard for me because once i get the melody right, it's hard to fit the chords in. and i have to keep writing down the melody and scrapping off and repeatedly do the same again that i eventually just give up because i dun have such patience. turned out, my friend done his composition quite well though incomplete as he really has the patience to slowly try things out.

haha. guess i typed a little too long but i just want to share my own experience. seriously, i don't believe that composing songs need talent. not at all.

top