The Observations

A few obvious observation that obviously obvious to everyone. First of all, the fastest thing on earth is time, not light. Time passes so freaking damn fast that you don't even notice it. It is already the end of my 2nd week here in Germany. However I am still feeling the moments of those days before I left, as if it just happened yesterday. Weekdays passes even much faster. I guess when u are at a routine time will shoot much faster. Next week on, I will be getting more focus into my task and it would be difficult. I guess, time would have past even faster then.

2nd observation, technology factor. I realize, not just here but while I was in Singapore as well, that the higher your status or rank in your field, you tend to simpler gadgets. Use phone as example. I am surrounded by professors and top experienced engineer who took part in designing chips for mobile phone, and should be very very advance technologically. But, no! They use primitive phone which basically can sms and call thats about it. Wonder why. Don't they appreciate their effort, or it's just a trend. I guess, it's true when you at that high level, you don't really need so much function. You have manpower to do the job for you such as managing your schedule and stuff. A quote from my manager during our coffee break :-

"THE HIGHER YOUR STATUS, THE SIMPLER YOUR CALCULATOR IS...."

Haha how true. We use matlab, while he use scientific calculator. I think the CEO uses only hand to calculate lol.


3rd observation, the language barrier. Despite being in an international company, I still pretty much work in a very German atmosphere and the only thing in English I encounter is when I talk to my supervisor regarding technical stuff. Well, they don't mind that I speak English of course, and I could understand them around 60% - 70% on average, but it's still different. I felt like I am so mute now, no more the talkative me. Its stupid when I claim in my Resume that I can speak so many language. I think there should be a more accurate way to calculate the language you're able to speak. I felt my actual proficiency in languages are around 3.3 lol. 3.3 means I basically can speak around 3 and 1/3 languages and how I calculate it? I take the average of the language I'm able to speak with some scale (e.g. English 0.9, German 0.3).

Yeah boring.....


0 comments:

top