I miss Singapore

When I woke up this morning, everything was as usual. The sun was shining, wind was blowing, even the temperature was not too low today. Suddenly I realize that I am in Germany! Not in Singapore! I really miss my life in Singapore, though it's only 10 months there. I stayed with my uncle, in a private condo and it is quite beautiful. just across the condo is the MRT station, and it takes me to basically everywhere I want to go. about 5 mins walk it's the hawker center and shops. Right opposite to it, there's a stadium with indoor badminton courts. That is what I call a life!

Well, I do complain the selfishness and the busyness of Singapore. To be honest, I find the Germans more "friendly" compare to Asians. Of course you get a better response if you try to speak to them in German. But it is understandable. You would feel more "home" when somebody speaks your dialect or language.

Germany is well known for their transportation too. Yes indeed, the train system here is superbly connected, like a spider web or WWW. But if you're living in a small town, it is not the case. My place the only public transport is bus and during weekends, it comes only every half hour. At least it has a schedule and it follows the timing quite accurately. I have never complained about public transport system especially when I come from Malaysia. No doubt. Just that, Singapore is doing a much better job when it comes to rural area. I guess the size of the country does matter too, not just the brains.

I was emotional today. I suddenly felt like I want to go down from 19 floor, walk 5 minutes and have chicken rice with gizzard. I suddenly felt I want to play badminton, or basketball. I suddenly felt like taking MRT to Chinatown and have the German sausage, although I'm in Germany now. It's just so nostalgic having those moments and I really miss it.

I still remember darling came over to visit me during valentines day week. She kept it so secretly, that she pretend she's busy working in KL and on Friday where she was travelling in the bus, she acted as if she have a meeting and therefore wasn't able to email me. That day I still remember I had outing with Sj4pians at night in Chinatown. Suddenly I receive call from her saying that she's now in Harbourfront. What a surprise! I love her so much. Now I am missing her so much.

I guess it was never easy when u're lonely here and all your close ones are far away from u, especially with a time gap in between.

1 comments:

Romantic bed and breakfasts said...

This is really a very beautiful, ancient, and primitive and a very historical destination with all the beautiful and sacred tombs, shrines are all very historical and memorable.

top