13 Sept and Mid-Autumn Festival

Again another emotional and memorable day for me. Rewind back 4 years ago, just before I came to Germany, I had mooncake festival with my fellow ex-college mates. Maybe we were a lil too old for lantern, but it was a fun night for me. Now it is obvious why I love them so much, because we were so united and I can never find any boring days when I'm with them. But I'm not sure if time changes anything as all of us are not in 1 place anymore. We still keep a forum where we can leave messages there and we had a great plan in the future for a Grand Gathering. Lets see if it will work.



2005's Mid-Autumn celebration was slightly simpler but I still get to spend time with my 2 best bros. We went down to Singapore for holidays and it was around MA festival. My uncle brought us for a nice and expensive meal and a for a walk down Chinatown where they had decorations.





I didn't go anywhere special to celebrate during 2006. No lanterns, no dinners, just some normal hawker stall dinner outing but it was special because after the "normal" dinner I spent the evening wif my ex at her place, enjoying the full moon. It's always special if you're spending your time with someone special.



Honestly I can't remember what I've done for MA last year. All I remember was that I was as emotional as now. Partially because at that time I'm having some money crisis and I was applying for an internship but still no reply from any company. I was shy to ask my parents to give me more money at that time because I was not doing anything besides sleeping at home.

This year it was about the same. Initially I was given free tickets to Amsterdam. I didn't wanted to go because I don't have the mood. Then there was also some plans to have some small dinner but it was cancelled. But it doesn't matter because I really don't have the mood to do anything at all. With all those troubles and the Emotional problems, I'll rather just stay at home facing the full moon alone and start having thoughts about life. Nah, I'm not trying to show the world how pathetic I am now, but just trying to express my pathetic feeling during this time around. The month have been half way thru and nothing really good happen to me but those bad things came in volley. The only good thing was that I had a 2 hours chat with Wenni today via skype which I didn't do for long long time already. It does make me a lil less emotional. At least now I know for sure that I can totally remove the label "sweet september" from my personal brain storage and replace it with "schlecht september"(schlecht means lousy in German).


Anyway.....

HAPPY MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL
or
HAPPY MOONCAKE FESTIVAL
or
HAPPY TANGLUNG FESTIVAL

5 comments:

Star☆ said...

i think i never really celebrate MA festival with anyone apart from my family members. lol.

anyway, 中秋節快樂﹗to yuu too! in germany got sell mooncakes? i mean in chinatown?

Douglas said...

I only start enjoying MA when I was in college. I don't really remember what I've done during that time but I'm sure it was with my hsemates but of course in germany it's not so much of a festival since nobody is really in the mood for it.

Yeah there're mooncakes in the so-called "chinatown" but they're not cheap. Surprisingly I've never missed any mooncake during this 4 years because the first 2 years I spent my september in KL and the 3rd year we had some friends who return from holiday and he smuggle back some mooncakes. Only this year I did not have anything at all.

Star☆ said...

haha. even mooncake here in malaysia also not cheap. i cant imagine how expensive it is over there.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mooncake Festival..Cheer up bro^_^

Kelsen Loh said...

I'm in frameeee!!
come back u can eat mooncake til laosai

top