Improvements

Man, it was really a hectic two weeks for me. Not even including my thesis work yet. Surprisingly my thesis looks easy, but I've not really done the main part of it, so i can't tell for now. So far, it has been easy. Programming part was not that hard, hardware was already built. Maybe the Analysis and Optimization would be hard. But anywayz, I'm slowly clearing the problems, so i can focus on my thesis soon enough.

Anywayz, it was a dramatic and hectic week for me. I shall talk about the Visa problem first. A brief introduction, to study in Germany, normally they will give you a 3 months visa from the German Embassy to settle down in Germany. Within that 3 months, one has to register with the town's local Foreigner Office as a resident. Then after that, an appointment would be made for the Visa extension and the documents required differ from town to town. In my town, things are more strict than others for a reason only God knows. I had visa problem when i did my first extension and throughout the years, things get better but this time again some trouble. They want me to present some of the documents which are really hard to get in 1 week time. I had to run up and down to different offices located at different places just to obtain the documents. One of it was a Formal Obligation by my parents and that my parents have to go all the way to the German Embassy to obtain it and then send it to me by DHL. Good thing is that DHL is very efficient(German company bah) though it was not cheap at all. Within 1 working day it arrive. Then there's this BIATCH from this International Office in the University who lost my document and even blame me for not submitting it. She was fucking rude to me and I will file a complain about her as soon as i get my degree. I had to argue with her with my broken German for almost half hour before she agree to help me, and yet she couldn't even assure me of a solution. All she said was that she'll see what she can do, just like those typical Malaysian offices. Luckily she was sick today(probably because of me) and they direct me to another person who's nice to me. Yeah many of us had an impression that European countries, Germany in particular, had a very efficient and good system. It's true, but there're always minority cases like this, which is the majority case in Msia.

But the good thing is that, finally it had be settled. All the documents have been handed up and now i have less one thing to worry. You know when you're at the last stage of your studies and you are having such a high hope to finish and go home, you'll get more worries. Probably it's because I'm not giving myself any room to make mistakes. Nah, not that i don't give myself room, it's more like i can't afford to make mistakes.

PROBLEMS in SEPTEMBER
1.) Visa Problem(solved)
2.) English exemption(solved)
3.) Project results (solved)
4.) Credit points accumulation to graduate (solved)
5.) Laptop LCD failure (not solved, not planning to solve it for the moment since I have an external TFT screen and i need the laptop for my daily routine)
6.) Speaker cable failure (not solved, easy solution but lazy to solve it. Don't need the speakers anyway)
7.) Moving house (in progess, moving stuff batch by batch every weekend. Should be done by next week and start painting the place)
8.) Emotional problem (not solved, can never be solved )

You know, I've been repeating this, but this is the only proudest thing I can tell u from my point of view of studying in Germany. It's not just about the study environment and lecturers quality, nor the travelling, but it's the life experience that i've gained by solving problems throughout the studies. I can say I've grown up much faster in this 4 years than in my whole 23 years of life.

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GETS GOING!

0 comments:

top