the streak continues

Some people say, when you keep thinking of the bad things, then the bad things will come. But all the bad stuff that happen to me so far are unavoidable. It happens because it was meant to be. Although most of the problems aren't settled, but I'm working my way through. I used to be the person that run away from problem. But i guess, I don't have any where else to run. The good thing is that I have a very great parents that support me all the way. I express the problem to them and they did their part to help me although it's abit troublesome to them. Though it didn't help much, but they gave me the strength and motivation to face the problems.

My parents and my brother are going to Taiwan on the raya holiday. I am not jealous that they're going, I'm just sad that I can't join them. Since 5 years ago, my family had never celebrate any festival with all the members present. The only time where four of us were together in a trip was in Ireland 3 years ago. I remember the first time seeing my mom in Ireland after 1 year didn't meet up with her, I nearly cried. I can see that her hair is getting white. I remember I actually cancelled 2 exams just to meet my parents in Ireland, but it was all worth it. After that we never had a full family gathering before. The worse period was that me and my bro were both in Europe and left only my parents. I remember my mom told me that she only cook rice for 1 portion and my parents share them because they don't eat that much lately. They even told me that they don't have a proper rice cooker anymore. Not that they can't afford, just that they don't see a point to buy one. I've missed 4 birthday celebrations with them, 4 CNY celebrations, mooncake festival, dumpling festival, Hari Raya, Christmas and so many others. I'm not gonna make it for my dad's birthday this year either, althought i thought i can make it. Now i'm not even sure about christmas.

When I was in high school, I hate it that every year I have to celebrate all these with my family because they are really boring. In college, I finally have my freedom. Besides CNY, I spent the other festivals with my friends, especially during birthday. Everything changed. I really want to have those celebrations with them.

This month is just gonna be emotional for me.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey doug, haven been talking to u lately.. read ur post.. and felt the same way too.. though I didn't miss as much celebrations as u.. but i still miss celebrating CNY with my family.. hopefully i can go back next year.. hehe.. u too..stay strong and hold on..may everything goes on smoothly for u! =)

Douglas said...

haha...yeah it's been a while eh...but hey thanks. at least i know i still have your support :)

Kelsen Loh said...

when u come back, i celebrate cny,xmas,mooncake fest, raya, deepavali, valentine's, Anwar election day etc all together with u... dun worry XD

nsw2012 said...

hey, what's to worry bout? it's not that you cant see them anymore or what. Once u start working, you'll have unlimited time to see them and be with your family. chill.

think for the future, don't think back 4 years time.

Douglas said...

kelsen, make sure u bring mei mei to celebrate wif me...n valentine's i want to celebrate wif gal la...anwar election main rocket 44 meh??

SW, i'm not worried. I just felt sad about it. If i'm doing masters in europe it will be another 2-3 years more...so the future is not so much different from the past either...

Star☆ said...

is yur bro still in europe? when is yur turn to come back malaysia?

Douglas said...

My bro is back in Malaysia since 2 years ago adi. My turn? I can't tell. All I can say is that if my Thesis go smooth n nothing else pop up I should be back around November/December..

s@m巧彦 said...

man, don't be so sad.
your post is so touching...
at least you know what you want.
i don't even know what i want and i am so unmotivated.
i feel PATHETIC, feel SICK, not of my life, but myself...
so directionless...
ps: i doubt my ability to complete my thesis and final year project in time...

Douglas said...

haha don't worry bout me...I am like that..I'm pretty sure everybody will face a sad season somewhere in a year...you can't be always happy for 365 days...life will be boring without those sadness lolx...

Touching?? haha maybe you're new to this blog that's why u felt touching. I guess the others will put it as BORING. Nah. It's just that human take things for granted. I never like my family especially during high skul coz i felt like I'm in prison more than my home...and my mom was like so sensitive when i had a gf..as if she wanted me to be gay...but now I really know the true meaning of family love....

And I'm not really sure what do you mean by me knowing what i want...honestly I am also directionless...

Star☆ said...

^ no it's never boring. just that sometimes when yuu write yur feelings or emotions, i dunno how to comment scared say wrong thing.

and i think most of us do go through the phase of disliking our parents for certain issue then later realizing how much they care about us.

Douglas said...

you serious bout not boring?? because I find myself really boring too...dun worry bout comments la..just spit it out oni..i am old enuf to take critism in a right manner...

yeah, parents are number 1 now. I can't wait to finish these stuff and go back to meet my parents.

Star☆ said...

oh yes of course i was serious! if compared to mine, mine is more boring. nothing interesting since i dun spat anything personal there. :/

and i agree. parents have to be our top priority. though there are times that i do take things for granted and when i think back, i feel awfully guilty over it.

hope yuu can settle yur stuff fast then reunite with yur family!

ps. have yuu watched 'money no enough 2'?

Douglas said...

Yeah, the bad days will be over soon enough.

Nope not yet watched...dun have the time to really search for movies these days. Only watch drama coz it's short and 1 episode per day.

Star☆ said...

not sure if yuu like anything from jack neo but MNE 2 is really good and touching, apart from the humourous side.

top