Knowing...

Well I'm still constructing the penang trip post and i can't go further without the rest of the photos which are still with Kelsen and Lloyd, and they're both in penang. I will retrieve from them as soon as they upload it to the net.

At the meantime, I will update a lil on myself. On Monday I went to watch the movie Knowing with Keen Seng. Well overall the movie wasn't that good. The first half was kinda thrilling and interesting, but then it became a piece of shit. I have still tons of movie to watch and looking for people to go with me. I had this crazy idea of watching movie alone to experience it. I reckon it would suit me alot since I'm such an emo person. To magnify the effects, I guess I'll watch romance movie alone. Lets see how emo i can get then lol.

I'm not doing a review on this movie though i borrowed the title of it for this post. Nah it's just that I've been quite emo this week. One small part of it is because I miss the Penang trip though it's only a short trip. Like I said in my previous posts, the location of the trip is secondary, the primary factor is the company. It can't get any better going with Kelsen and Gabe, furthermore Keen Seng and Lloyd are able to join us this time. But I guess the bigger factor that causes this Emo streak is the confidence.

Honestly till now I've not gain back my confidence in driving. Even as a passenger, I just couldn't open my eyes seeing the driver squeezing through a narrow gap or doing a difficult parallel parking. I just wonder how did i lose everything?? I think if you ask me to take the driving test again, I would probably fail badly.

I realize that it's not just the confidence in driving that I've lost. I've lost confidence in life too. Because of that, I have the reluctancy to execute lots of things. Just as an example I've lost confidence to be in a crowded area. Now i felt very shy to be in public areas. I felt shy when my friend introduce me to their friends, especially the opposite sex.

WTF?? I think back on those 4 years that I'm in Germany. I can't afford not to be confident in myself. I face strangers speaking a foreign language almost everyday but yet I still dare to face them. I have been humiliated because i speak broken German, but yet I still have the guts to do so. Just all in a sudden, while I'm back in my HOME COUNTRY, i lost my BALLS??

KNOWING my problem, but not KNOWING how to solve it. Sigh help me peeps. help me regain my confidence.

7 comments:

EriN said...

huh...u should find out the problem n try to solve it asap.sometimes we do lost our confidence but knowing that we are living in this big communities,we cant be alone,we gotta be confident when facing people.maybe ur friend around u can help u=)

well.just to wish u all the best.be confident la...hehe~~

Khianfoo said...

where you hang ur balls?

Get em' back!

Cheer Up, dude!

Star☆ said...

i like the movie Knowing but i think the ending is crap. ugh.

as for yur driving, i guess practice makes perfect? last time i have problem with parallel parking too but after lots of encounter with limited parking space and those stupid motorcycles taking up some space, i had managed 'practise' a bit. haha.

it's hard to get parking at my college. if see one spot, how tight also i will squeeze in. unless it cant fit my car la.

of course, i scratched my cars lots of time, hitting those curbs and what not and getting nagged by my parents AND my brother. =_= but, i guess that's how i learn. LOL. it's hard for me NOT to 'hurt' my car. :P

Star☆ said...

sorry for double comment. pressed publish too fast.

perhaps yuu are actually experiencing culture shock here in home country?

Douglas said...

Erin: well like i said i know the problem, but just couldn't find solution yet. my friends are already helpful, but i guess since i am the main factor to this problem, i have to solve it myself.

KF : dunno la i think i left my balls in history..2 1/2 years back.

Jessica : I guess ur rite. I might experience cultural shock. In Germany I'm so used to the easy going life, where everyone is so tolerant. I don't know if it's the question of picking up coz as far as i remember i used to be very passionate about driving. The last time i came back for holidays, i pick up my driving in no time coz i'm so into driving that i just drive whenever i had a chance. Now even i had the chance i am so reluctant to drive. Not trying to be thick skin but i am pretty damn good in driving few years back. I can parallel park at limited space even with manual non power steering car no sensor car. Now, i can't even park wif big space.

Probably practice would help. But first i guess i have to overcome my low self-esteem first.

Seiny said...

Brother
You are good
If you not
Who is good

:D

Like my poem? muahahahaha

stupid, simple, but msg is clear: you are good. It's obvious and many would agree with me definitely.

Star☆ said...

if that's the case, then yuu should have no problem getting back to yur skills!

probably like yuu said, need to boost yur confidence and practise alot! ;)

top