My Birthday Period 2009

The last time I reallly enjoyed my birthday was about 8 years ago in 2001. At that time I had a streak of happy events not just on my birthday but the whole week from 5th April till 9th April. Since then, it's been dull. I do enjoy having dinner with family, but it was moderate dinner style. Things got worse when I was in Germany. Most of my birthday were either not celebrated or just a simple dinner. However, I am still sincerely glad to all those people who celebrated birthday with me in Germany.

Well, maybe people would be asking me what is the definition of an enjoyable birthday? Fancy cake? Expensive present? Nah. 10 years ago I would think that way. To me, the most enjoyable birthday is to be able to hang out with the people that I want to. For example, my hommies, or my other half if i had one. I would trade all my materials/properties/money for quality moment, coz I define happyness as having quality moments in life.

This year wasn't anything outstanding but was quite special. At least I'm in Malaysia to celebrate with my family/friends. On the 5th April I had dinner at Pasta Zanmai @ 1 Utama with my college friends and my friend's gf. Surprisingly though my full of poser face college mates was just too lazy to pose for photoshoot. After that most of them head home as they have to work. So Gabe,Kseng, Melvin n I headed to Subang Asia Cafe for a short pool session. After that we headed to our usual hangout place in Kuchai Lama for a drink.

On the 6th April, I had a drink with my ex-gf. It's been a long long time since we met up. We hardly keep in touch too these days. We had lots to catch up with each other. Later on Gabe n Keen Seng joined in. On the 7th, of course I had birthday dinner with my family. But before that I had an unofficial interview for an internship position. I think internship could be a good option for me as my availability is bad. Despite not serious with it, I still felt bad coz I didn't do well in the interview. It was kinda typical interview, where they asked 3 IQ question which I'm able to answer 2 1/2 out of 3, and some character questions like "do u u think ur smart?", "give me reasons why i SHOULD NOT hire you?" blablabla.

Anyway, initially after the dinner Kel actually planned to hang out with me. But he was extremely exhausted. Therefore I stayed at home. But then my friend sms-ed me asking me out for a drink. Well at least somebody to accompany me for the last few hours of my birthday. I enjoyed it actually, though I was freaking nervous driving the car around.

Sounds normal/boring eh? Not to me though.

Yeah, and I'm finally 1 year older. Nothing to celebrate bout it but yeah, watever!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

just drop by..i found blog accidently..

well,just to wish u a happy belated birthday.thats so called life,we dont seems to celebrate birthday like we used to when we was small.for me,i look forward to it but i dont really celebrate it,just have some simple meal wif family and close friends=)

anyway,u seems to have enjoyed ur birthday n i think its better compared to ur birthday in germany rite?at least u r back in ur hometown....

Douglas said...

hi anonymous, thx for dropping a comment.

just a question, do u know me and vise versa? anyway thanx for the wishes. yes i do look forward to it, but my dream birthday haven't come true yet - which is a surprise party from my other half. Obviously it won't happen in the near future since i don't see myself getting close to get one gf.

Celebrating wif close friends are also fun, but can see the losing enthusiasm in them for a crazy party or celebration. I guess its just a normal sign of aging??

yes i am happier n i am gladful to all my friends who celebrated with me.

Anonymous said...

hi!!em...actually i dunno u and just accidently click into ur blog through dunno whose blog.haha...i am too fre nowadays waiting 4 uni offer letter so read people blog and ke po people life lo.haha...

i read ur birthday post and i feel the same way so i drop a comment n i wish u dont mind=)yeah,i wish to get surprise from my other half too,no need grand party but just a surprise will do,but havent find a good one though=( haha...

anyway,i wish u to find the other half as soon as possible and be live happily ever after.and nice to meet u here too.one more thing is that u r not that old as u thought la.haha...all the best to u!!

Douglas said...

hmm..nah u sound like someone i knew. guess i misunderstood.

Well anonymous, i dun mind havin comments but it would be better if i knew who u ar actually. Well eve if i don't know u, but there's no harm knowing another fren rite? But i understand its ur privacy.

anyway i wish u all da best too wif ur Uni offerings n ur dream bday surprise, also in life la. Thanx for dropping by.

EriN said...

hahahaha......well,nowadays most of my post is written chinese n i dun know whether u can read chinese?haha...i used to blog in eng but recently i prefer chinese,it depends on my mood.anyway,just drop by n say hi~

let me introduce myself 1,i am erin.and thanxx 4 ur wishes=)

Douglas said...

thx for reading this post. well, u probably won't wanna continue reading my blog since it's more like a personal diary where i include lots of my own emotion in it. nothing interesting bout this blog.

anyway i do know how to read chinese.

EriN said...

haha...same here,my friends keep complaining my style of blogging is boring but thats me,i like to share all my feeling or experience by word=)
anyway,will keep supporting ur blog,dun worry~haha...

top