Monday 30th May

Being optimistic today, I guess I can consider today as a fruitful day. First I got my graduation letter and I've sent out several job application. Whether I get it or not that's a different story. But at least since I came back till now, I was not really doing anything serious at all. This also signal the beginning of my job hunting in Singapore. Well, despite being highly qualified, I've already been warned about the current situation in Singapore regarding hiring foreigners. Like I said, I can't be worried too much about that so I just have to keep applying.

Then I went to Vivo City to have dinner and catch movie with some sj4pians in Singapore. Of course again the emotional strike happen as Outram park MRT station, Harbourfront, Vivocity has been one of the most frequently visited place when we were together. It is also a bus terminal for to and from KL via Aeroline. The starbucks there gave me lots of memories because I always camp there for coffee before I depart to Malaysia. Other than that, we had several nice meals there including Brotzeit, the japanese restaurant and many more. Oh yeah it is also the place where we take the skytrain to Sentosa Island. Reminds me of Universal Studio and the island itself. One more thing, they have the Hershey's outlet there and it gave me some flashbacks as well.

Well, i don't want to touch those emotional stuff too much. Anyway today's movie outing wasn't that bad at all. Initially it was abit numb because I am not very good in initiating conversation and especially I have been gone for so long. But slowly we get into the groove and I start being the lame guy again. This time Min Yee and her boyfriend came, along with her boyfriend's brother. Total 7 of us. We had soup for dinner, which is obviously not good enough for my huge appetite. But it's ok as long as we enjoyed the chat. As most of them came directly from work, and seeing them with their working attire makes me kinda envy them having a job in Singapore. Sometimes it's about timing, not just qualification. They're all Malaysians and having the same qualification, but I guess they were lucky to get a job before foreign talent has become a big issue around.

Oops drifting out of topic again. Back to the outing. We watched Kungfu Panda 2, which wasn't that great honestly coz the jokes were lame, but not in the funny way. Story line was predictable and well, I am not so much a of animation guy. Luckily the movie only lasted 1 1/2 hour approximately. Then we headed home and 6 of us stayed in Jurong area. Again we chat and laugh in the MRT about jokes and stuff, it was really fun. I never had that since a long time ago. I hope we will have more of this kinda outing. But the positive side is that they're stil staying in Jurong area which makes outing even easier. We will have a BBQ session soon, at my place just like old time.

So much for the outing today, back to the boring life. This week I will try to pick up some of my lecture notes and read up some fundamentals again since there's a campus interview next week. I signed up for 4 particular companies but my main job position is analog design. So i'll prepare hard for that and of course do some research on the company's background. any additional advice is highly appreciated!!

That's all for now. Cheerz!

0 comments:

top